Durga’s Exclusive Brief On All The Components Of The Piping System
In the piping industry, PVC pipe fittings are known as those piping components which contribute to changing the direction of the flow of the current. The components that help in changing the size of the pipe are coined as reducers, reducing tees. At the same time, connectors are those that are referred to as couplings and the ones that work in stopping the flow are known as Caps.
The different kinds of components that are used in piping works are majorly known as Elbow, Coupling, Union, Reducer, Tee, Cap, Plug and Valve.
Today, we take the initiative of explaining to you all the different piping components present in the piping industry.
- Pipe Elbow
There is a thing about elbow that its use is more than any other pipe fittings. It gives flexibility to alter the direction of the pipe. It is one of those pvc pipe connectors that is primarily used and is mainly available in two of its standard types 90° and 45°. Moreover, it can be cut to any of the degree too. These are available in two radius kinds, Short radius (1D) and Long radius (1.5D).
- 90 Degree Elbow Pipe
To change the direction of the pipe by 90 Degrees, elbow of 90 Degree is placed between the pipe. It is offered in both long and short radius forms.
- 45 Degree Elbow
To change the direction of the pipe by 45 Degrees, elbow of 45 Degree is installed between the pipe.
- Pipe Reducers
A pipe reducer is commonly used to change the size of the pipe. Two types of reducers are used in piping- namely Concentric & Eccentric.
- Pipe Caps
The pipe cap is the one that is responsible for covering the pipe end. They are generally used at the dead-end of any of the piping systems. It is also used in piping headers in case of future connections.
- Piping Union
There are piping unions which are used as another option to flange connection in low-pressure piping where the pipe dismantling is demanded quite often. These can be the threaded end or also socket weld ends. You will find three pieces in a union, a nut, a female and a male end. When both the female and male ends are joined together, the nuts give the demanded pressure to shut the joint.
- Pipe Coupling
When it comes to pipe coupling, there are three types of coupling that are available in the market;
- Full Coupling
Full Coupling is considered for connecting small bore pipes. It is used to join pipe to pipe or pipe to swage.
- Half Coupling
Half Coupling is considered for small bore branching and that from a vessel or huge pipe. It can be socket type or threaded. But it has a socket or thread end just on one side.
- Reducing Coupling
Reducing coupling is considered for connecting two various sizes of pipe. It is like a concentric reducer which is used to maintain a centre line of the pipe but at the same time it is small in size.
These are all the different components that are included in the piping system. To give you one of the best services, you can surely count on Durga Electroplast as they ensure all the best products while ensuring the quality and durability so that you don’t have to worry again and again. Going for Durga PVC pipe fittings can turn out to be a wise decision indeed.
Why Durga Pipes And Fittings Bring The Best Solutions For Your Home?
PVC or polyvinyl chloride is yet another versatile choice for different applications in most of the areas that include the construction industry. PVC pipes are undoubtedly strong, flexible, lightweight, easy to handle and at the same time very much economic. Along with all these amazing qualities, their recyclability and long-lifespan make them the key economic choice for residential as well as all the commercial building constructions.
There is an incredible range of products that you can avail at Durga Pipes and fittings which will make your home safer and your lives safer from any sort of electric shocks.
We have in store PVC and CPVC pipes that have their own specialities. You can choose the one that fits your residence according to your needs and requirements.
Specialities of PVC pipes:
- The high resistance to corrosion and heat of PVC pipes are the main contributors to their speciality.
- PVC pipes are lightweight and quite easy to transport over suitably large distances which are to be laid as pipelines. This automatically leads to less fuel consumption in order to transport them, and this is what makes them eco-friendly.
- These are one of the most cost-effective pipes since a relatively easy process is used for their mass production.
- It is quite simple to mold them into different shapes which makes them a versatile material with a huge range of applications.
- With being strong and durable, these are also resistant to large amounts of stress. And this is what makes them a suitable material for underground pipes.
Specialities of CPVC pipes:
There is one thing about CPVC pipes that these are just not safer than metal to install, but at the same time they are often safer to operate. Along with that, CPVC piping comes with a lower thermal conductivity. And this property not only reduces the amount of heat loss, but also keeps the surface temperature lower which in turn reduces the chance of burns to maintenance
The difference between PVC and CPVC
When we talk about PVC, it is quite brittle and rigid in its original form. It is known for a range of commercial and industrial uses. Different plasticizers make it softer in approach and more flexible.
CPVC is a type of PVC in which the content of chlorine is boosted. It comes with a higher temperature resistance threshold. It can take temperatures of up to 200 F as compared to PVC, which can take up to 140 F before it melts.
These are the specialities and differences of PVC and CPVC pipes that are offered to you by Shree Durga Electroplast which is known as one of the leading PVC pipes manufacturers is always there to serve you with the vast variety of products they have in the store to offer. We have the strongest and top-class pipes that have the power to withstand any of the environmental conditions. We also offer plastic corrugated pipes. And our PVC pipe offerings are available to you in four different sizes from 19mm, and 20mm, to 25mm, and 32mm.
Ultimate Difference Guide of Pipe-Bend and Elbow
Durga Elastoplast has been at the forefront in the development of pipes and fittings manufacturers in Bihar. There are many innovative electrical PVC pipes, PVC conduit pipes, flexible PVC pipe, and other piping products, and one of them is the PVC pipe bends. Credited with pioneering several piping products, Durga PVC bends offer the necessary support for a great joint.
Pipe bends allow systems to minimize pressure changes and also allow smooth flow routing materials through a complex system. Classified in different sizes, the PVC pipe bends offered by Durga have supreme quality and superb round corners for better flow. The bends are precisely made and manufactured to attain the quality that our clients are searching for. No sharp-corners, and perfectly designed, the PVC pipe bends offers the best connectivity.
Now that you have read about Durga Pipe bends, you must be curious to know how these bends are different from elbows. Today this blog will try to clear the chaos in your heads and give you the clarity you need.
Let’s start to read how curved PVC pipe is different from a bend.
- Radius – Bend incorporates a larger radius then elbows. Elbows are not as curvy as the bends. This bends the heroes when it comes to getting fit in complex situations. PVC pipe bend manufacturers in Bihar make sure that the most flexible yet sturdy plastic quality is used so that the bends do not succumb in cases of turn.
- Customization- Elbow could be a regular fitting; however, bends are custom fancied. Elbows have industrial limitations to size, bend radius and angle. PVC conduit benders can come around in many sizes as per the requirement. Moreover, experts like us can even provide the fittings as per your home or office requirement so as to make sure that your purpose is solved in the best possible manner.
- Terminology- An elbow is an associate engineering term. This term is mainly used by electricians, technical personals, architects, designers and other such professionals who are related to the industry of construction. On the other hand, if a layman has to search the product online or has to go to a shop to buy it, he or she generally uses the term bend. Hence the term Bend is definitely more popular than the term elbow.
- Strength- Elbows are generally not as strong as the bends. The reason lies in the design. As the curve is not as steep as the Bend, they generally are unable to withstand the force when trying to bend more. On the other hand, bends can easily resist the force when they are placed in curvy situations as the material is more flexible, and the angular dimension allows it to tolerate the force. This makes bends a more strong choice over elbows.
The PVC pipe bends offered by Durga have amazing quality and perfectly round corners for better flow. The bends are perfectly made and manufactured to get the quality that the customers desire. With no sharp-corners and a great design, these PVC pipe bends offer the best connectivity
Pvc Pipe Bend- Most Reliable And Durable In Construction
While talking about flexible pipes or any other kind of pipes, being in a straight line is their only feature, so what is the option when it comes to turns and bends? The best and the most reliable option here for you is PVC pipe bends.
Pipe bends allow the systems to minimize the different pressure changes along with allowing smooth flow routing materials by a complex system everywhere. Most of the bent pipes do not change the ends of the piping system, and at the same time they are easy to be placed within a piping system by adopting the standard process of welding, flanges or any other connection method.
There are various ranges of pipe bend sizes and materials which make them accurate for routing everything from hot or caustic liquids to maintaining pressure and every little movement in high viscosity liquids or those with suspended solids that have a high concentration of silica sand.
There are different ways in which these can be used:
- Method of Cold bending
- Method of Hot bending.
The first in the list is the cold bending method, this often depends on sheer physical force which helps bring the pipe into its definite shape. The next one is hot bending method, in this they use heating in a very careful way to reduce the force that is actually required.
Basically, all the different methods have some distinctive benefits.
These benefits help in knowing the degree of how much these pipes can be bent and finally what is the final shape of the pipe.
If we talk about the material, then there are a variety of materials which are used for producing these pipe bends like steel and steel alloy pipes, stainless steel pipes, copper pipes, nickel pipes and aluminium pipes.
Any of them can be selected according to the needs and the requirements and each of them has their speciality so it can give you the benefit for the rest of your life. If you’re going to place them in your new home or your workspace, then you must go for the ones which have a long life and are at the same time durable.
And you can go for any of the ones as most of the pipe bending methods are quite cost-efficient. By using these bent pipes and tubes you will know that these have a very minimal impact on the full design budget when using the sizing and ideal length for any of your use.
You might not know that these are classified in different sizes, the PVC pipe bends offered by Durga have an amazing quality and perfectly round corners for better flow. The bends are perfectly made and manufactured to get the quality that the customers desire. With no sharp-corners and a great design, these PVC pipe bends offer the best connectivity.
Why Are PVC Conduit Pipes The Right Material For Plumbing?
Whenever there is a plumbing project or any sort of plumbing work in your home too, it can turn out to be exciting. And that can be especially when you start shopping for pipes and find all of the different options available for you in the market.
There is a wide range for you to choose from that include PVC, galvanized metal, or flexible PEX tubing. Here we are with all the details that you need about the most popular type of plumbing piping. Along with that, we will also provide you with what they are best used for so that you may take your decision a little easier.
PVC conduit pipes
If we say that till date one of the most commonly used pipes in residential homes is polyvinyl chloride (PVC) pipe which we see as the white piping and that is commonly used in many types of plumbing applications. Not to forget, these are affordable and versatile with a collection of different fittings and sizes available. Undoubtedly, PVC conduit pipes are great for all the warm and cold water applications.
Here are some of the points that will surely convince you in favour of them:
- These are one of those pipes that work well for home plumbing piping needs because they do not rust or corrode over time.
- This clearly indicates that they will not need to be replaced until and unless they are actually damaged and start leaking.
- At the same time, they are very easy to work with, as they require no welding or metalwork.
- They are an inexpensive option for your home and business both.
- PVC is comparatively strong and durable and at the same time does not bend under pressure, which makes it a piping solution of top choice for all the high-pressure applications.
Here are the things for which PVC conduit pipe can be used for:
- Vent stacks
- Sink drain lines
- Bathtub drain lines
- High-pressure applications
- Toilet drain lines
- Main water supply line running to the home
We also suggest another option that can be opted in case you’re not going for PVC for any of your plumbing applications.
Image Courtesy: Google
Chlorinated polyvinyl chloride pipes which are generally known as CPVC are made from PVC with some extra chlorine added to the material. There is no major difference when it comes to CPVC. It carries all of the same benefits of PVC along with some added durability.
You can have a look at the benefits here:
- CPVC will not degrade if it is exposed to hot water and along with that is safe for drinking water too.
- You will find it slightly more expensive than PVC, however, and at the same time it will split if it is allowed to freeze.
- CPVC can be used in most of the applications where copper piping is used, but it is considered one of the best options for a number of points.
- The interior of CPVC pipe is very much smooth, which indicates that it has little water noise as compared to copper plumbing systems, along with little to no problems with “water hammer.”
- It is very well insulated to prevent energy loss in both hot or cold applications. CPVC is also flexible as compared to metal tubing, with providing a bit more versatility.
- Also, it is extremely fire resistant.
Image Courtesy: Google
CPVC is used for those applications where all the PVC properties are wanted, but PVC can not be used, including:
- Hot water delivery
- Drinking water delivery
- Hot water drains
- Waste and water disposal pipes
So, these are all the advantages of PVC conduit pipe fittings that you can use in any of your plumbing applications. We suggest you Shree Durga Electroplast as they are one of the leading pipes and fittings manufacturers in India.